DJ, podcaster and journalist, Manny Faces has been an advocate for Hip-Hop music in the NYC area for years. In Newark, you may know him from Sunday R&B Brunch at Marcus B&P, or as co-host of the Brick City Comedy Revue. We’re sad to lose him to Atlanta (where he will be closer to family), but happy to hear he’ll keep broadcasting and spinning tunes for us on the internet. Enjoy one of Manny’s mixes anytime on Mixcloud with a cocktail made with his favorite spirit from All Points West Distillery. Cheers to you, Manny Faces!
Summer Fruit Whiskey Smash
This drink is flexible, meant to be enjoyed with whatever fruit is seasonally appropriate. You may want to alter the sugar based on how sweet the fruit is/your taste.
2-3 tsp sugar
3-4 mint leaves
½ lime cut into wedges, pith removed
¼ cup fresh berries or stone fruit
2 oz All Points West Malt and Grain Whiskey
2 oz club soda
- In the cocktail shaker, combine the sugar, mint leaves, lime, and fruit. Muddle the ingredients together to integrate and dissolve the sugar.
- Add whiskey to cocktail shaker
- Add ice to cocktail shaker, shake for 20-30 seconds
- Put fresh ice in rocks glass, strain cocktail over the ice*
- Top with club soda
- Add more mint and fruit as garnish as desired
*if you want a drink that is more textured, you can pour the combined ice and ingredients into a rocks glass without straining and then top with club soda