Now that we’ve shaken off our Portugal Day-induced sangria hangover, we’re looking forward to a full slate of events in the coming months:
- Newark’s 17th Annual LGBTQ Pride Festival runs from July 11–17. Check out their schedule for the list of events.
- For all of you house heads, Military Park will feature a rotating roster of DJs for “After-Work Wednesdays” from 5-9 PM, Bunkr’s “Sound the Alarm” is back for select weekends at The Yard, Newark First Fridays afterparties at QXTs run through August, and the Ubiquity Soul House Music Series returns to Military Park on August 13th from 12-9 PM.
- Speaking of Newark First Fridays, the Brick City Comedy Revue celebrates its 8th anniversary at Kilkenny Alehouse on August 5th.
- The Newark Black Film Festival will be at the Newark Museum of Art from July 12-17.
- NJPAC’s free “Sounds of the City” series is back featuring Naughty by Nature’s Treach, Jon B, Felix Hernandez and more.
- The photography exhibition “Tell Me More About Yourself (Self-Portraits and Other Autobiographical Endeavors)” is on display at Gallery Aferro until August 5th.
- Leasing for Newark Urby, downtown’s latest major luxury apartment development, begins this summer.
- Burke’s Tavern is open at 150 Lafayette Street! The décor is a lot brighter than the old Hell’s Kitchen, but its New American cuisine menu and late night drink offerings are a welcome addition to the Ironbound.
- The Passaic River Fishing Club will meet in July and August. Check out its Instagram for details on how to sign up.
The Board of Editors
Featured photo by Melisa Gerecci